Conveyancing & Property Law

Conveyancing Lismore & Property Lawyers. Lismore, Ballina, Byron Bay and other regions throughout NSW and QLD.

Property & Conveyancing Lawyers

Why Hire A Conveyancing and Property Lawyer in Lismore?

Buying or selling? We can help. Here’s how:

  1. We’ll explain the process in plain english
  2. We’ll reply to your enquiries quickly
  3. We’ll ensure your transaction received the highest level of attention and professionalism


Many of our clients have been with us for over 20 years. They rely on us for property, conveyancing and other legal services.

What Conveyancing Lismore and Property Law Services Do We Provide For Our Clients?

Here’s a list of the most common property and conveyancing services we provide:

  • Dealing with all types of title. Including: Torrens, Old System, Qualified, Strata and Community.
  • Acting for buyers and sellers of residential and commercial property. Such as drafting and advising on contracts.
  • We also assist lenders and borrowers with residential mortgage transactions and commercial loan transactions.
  • Helping lessors and lessees with commercial lease matters.
  • Assisting land developers with subdivisions relating to land under Torrens Title, Strata and Community Title (including drafting and registering Section 88B instruments creating easements, rights of way, Restrictions as to User, etc).
  • Creating Easements by way of Transfer.
  • Acting for individuals who need help with resumptions of property by Councils and the Roads & Maritime Services (Road Traffic Authority – RTA).
  • Elder Law. What does this include? Advising people who are considering going into a Retirement Village or Nursing Home (including advising them about Deeds of Licence and other “retirement living” documentation).
Lismore Lawyers

More Property Law and Conveyancing Lismore Services:

  • Rural properties, farming and agriculture, residential houses, units and land
  • First home buyer concessions
  • Investments
  • Capital gains tax, GST and negative gearing
  • Real estate development, subdivisions, strata titling and community titles, building unit plans
  • Commercial buildings and leases
  • Re-financing
  • Property settlements and transfers, family law and de facto
  • Succession planning
  • Advise on real estate agency Listing Agreements and the various types of Agreements, eg Auction, Exclusive and Open Listing


  • Prepare the Contract for Sale required by Law in New South Wales before you can market your property


  • Advise on State and Federal Taxes, including Capital Gains Tax and GST


  • Advise on special conditions applicable to your particular sale


  • Advise on any particular issues which may apply to your sale, eg lack of Council building approvals, encroachments, noxious weeds eradication orders


  • Ensure that your legal rights are protected


  • Obtain all prescribed Council certificates and Title searches to prepare Contracts


  • Issue Sale Contracts within one business day of receiving instructions and constantly monitor progress until Contracts are “exchanged”


  • Arrange for any mortgage to be discharged and coordinate your Bank for settlement


  • Arrange transfer of mortgage to another security, if applicable


  • Calculate all adjustments such as rates, water, land tax and body corporate levies


  • Coordinate and attend settlement on your behalf


  • Attend to payment of any outstanding rates, taxes or levies


  • Bank proceeds of settlement to your nominated account


  • Communicate progress of your sale to you, keeping you up to date
  • Advise you on all pre Contract investigations such as pest and building reports, surveys and inspecting Council records


  • Provide detailed legal advice on the Contract for Sale before you sign


  • Advise of any special conditions which may be required, eg finance, Council approvals and undertaking of repairs


  • Ensure that your legal rights are protected


  • Investigate issues affecting the property


  • For first home buyers, prepare all forms for obtaining grants and Stamp Duty concessions


  • Attend to all Government Stamp Duty requirements


  • Prepare legal documents to ensure transfer of Title in to your name


  • Carry out all searches and enquiries with Council, Water Board and Government departments


  • Calculate all adjustments including rates, water, land tax and body corporate levies


  • Liaise with your Bank or lender concerning all of their requirements and coordinate settlement


  • Liaise with you concerning any outstanding matters including final inspection of the property


  • Coordinate and attend settlement on your behalf


  • Ensure all outstanding rates, taxes and levies are paid


  • Notify Council of the transfer of Title


  • Communicate with you and keep you updated at all times


  • Guarantee that you have good Title to the property you have purchased
farming lawyers



We have an intimate knowledge of the whole Far North Coast of New South Wales.

Locations include:

Alstonville, Ballina, Bangalow, Bogangar, Brunswick Heads,  Byron Bay, Casuarina, Casino, Cabarita Beach, Chinderah, Clunes, Coffs Harbour, Dorrigo, Dunoon, Evans Head, Fingal Head, Goonellabah, Grafton, Hastings Point,  Iluka, Kyogle,  Lennox Head, Lismore Conveyancing, Maclean, Murwillumbah,  Nimbin, Ocean Shores, Pottsville, Tenterfield, Tweed Heads, Woodenbong, Wollongbar, Woolgoolga, Yamba


If you are buying or investing in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast or South East Queensland, we know all the ropes. Queensland conveyancing practice is distinctly different to that in New South Wales. And, very few New South Wales solicitors carry out Queensland conveyancing work.

Locations include:

Brisbane, Broadbeach, Burleigh Heads, Coolangatta, Currumbin, Gold Coast Hinterland, Labrador, Mermaid Beach, Miami, Nerang, Robina, Runaway Bay, SouthportSurfers Paradise, Tugun, Alexandra Headland, Buderim, Caloundra, Coolum Beach, Eummundi, Maleny, Maroochydore, Mooloolaba, Noosa and Pomoma.   

Visit our locations page for more information.

lismore lawyers grahams lawyers

Wills & Estates Law

Need help with any of the following? Wills, Testamentary Trusts, Power of Attorney (POA), Enduring Guardianship documents, obtaining a Grant of Probate and Elder Law.

Read More »